Here is an easy Apple Dumplings recipe, that can be made with just a few ingredients - one apple, brown sugar, crescent dough & some lemon lime soda!
Simple recipe for apple dumplings in a sweet caramel-like glaze that tastes delicious.
- 2 (8 each) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or to taste
- 1 can (12 oz.) 7 Up
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the apples, peel and cut into eight equal slices.
- Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles.
- Place a piece of apple on each triangle of dough (on a wider side) and roll it in a croissant.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla, mix until you get a liquid mixture without lumps and pour over the rolls.
- Pour soda (7 up) between rolls (but not over) and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until they become golden brown.