Happy National Hugging Day
Here are some benefits for hugs 😃 Experts says that we need about 12 hugs a day for growth.
How many have received and how many have you given?
- Hugs reduce stress by showing your support
- Scientists say that giving another person support through touch can reduce the stress of the person being comforted. It can also reduce the stress of the person doing the comforting.
- Hugs may protect you against illness & boost your heart health
- Hugging helps reduce one's blood pressures levels and the their heart rate.
- Hugs can make you happier
- Oxytocin is a chemical in our bodies releases and is associated with happiness and again reduces stress.
- Hugs help reduce your fears
- Scientists have found that touch can reduce anxiety in people with low self-esteem. Touch can also keep people from isolating themselves at low periods of their day.
- Hugs may help reduce your pain
- Hugs help reduce pain and may increase the quality of one's life
- Hugs help you communicate with others
- Most human communication occurs verbally or through facial expressions. Touch is another way to communicate.